Searching to find the appropriate treatment for your adolescent child going through a Mental Health Crisis can be a scary and stressful situation for EVERYONE involved… the child… the healthcare provider… and mostly the parent! Where do you begin? Who do you turn to? Where do you go for help? What treatment do you seek out? Many parents look to their local hospitals.. but the service and care they can provide are only a short term solution for emergency suicidal situations… But then what? As a parent what should you do next?
There are a number of different treatment directions that you can turn to when in crisis including:
- Short Term Residential Treatment Centers: RTC programs provide behavioral treatment and correction over a course of 4-6 months.
- Wilderness Programs: Similar to RTC programs but can be even longer term and more physically demanding.
- Inpatient Psychiatric Hospitals: A great options for clients who need close supervision and stabilization, or for those who are actively self-harming or attempting suicide.
- Partial Hospitalization Programs: A great mix between out-patient therapy and a program. The client gets to sleep at home with the family while receiving treatment all day long.
- Out-Patient therapy: A great option once the client is no longer in crisis.
A BETTER OPTION
Vive Adolescent Care is a Mental Residential Health center that combines a hospital setting with a residential treatment center. Doing so enables us to provide medical based treatment as well as behavioral based treatment…. It's the best of both worlds.
Multiple levels of care in one continuous and comfortable environment. No changing providers, change of setting, or gaps/lapses in treatment.
Vive is for all adolescents aged 11-17 who are struggling with depression, anxiety, self-harm/suicidal tendencies, and much much more. Call today to see how we can help you and your child get through this crisis together!